mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

Post by linux_dri.. » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

if i have two separate routers (192.168.69.239 and .240) and i want to
generate mrtg stats for each, how do i set it up?

i expect there is a better way than creating separate cfg files and
calling each thru a separate cron entry.

if the answer lies with indexmaker, then i don't understand how what to
enter for "<regexp for router-names>" nor how to generate a cfg with
multiple ip's.

this is a GREAT app and i'm looking forward to using it.

thanks for any help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

Post by linux_dri.. » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

if i have two separate routers (192.168.69.239 and .240) and i want to
generate mrtg stats for each, how do i set it up?

i expect there is a better way than creating separate cfg files and
calling each thru a separate cron entry.

if the answer lies with indexmaker, then i don't understand how what to
enter for "<regexp for router-names>" nor how to generate a cfg with
multiple ip's.

this is a GREAT app and i'm looking forward to using it.

thanks for any help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

Post by rkinne » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

All you have to do is use the ">>" symbol when you run
cfgmaker.  Run it the first time for one router with > mrtg.cfg
then for the other router with >> mrtg.cfg.

If you already have two separate configs you can cut and paste
them together or do a
cat cfg2 >> cfg1
if you are using unix.

Ron

mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

Post by E Huo » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Create separate .cfg for each, then concatenate them all into one file.
indexmaker can handle can handle multiple entries in one file.

----------

> if i have two separate routers (192.168.69.239 and .240) and i want to
> generate mrtg stats for each, how do i set it up?

> i expect there is a better way than creating separate cfg files and
> calling each thru a separate cron entry.

> if the answer lies with indexmaker, then i don't understand how what to
> enter for "<regexp for router-names>" nor how to generate a cfg with
> multiple ip's.

> this is a GREAT app and i'm looking forward to using it.

> thanks for any help

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

Post by linux_dri.. » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

yep, that did it.

of course, i must have been out to lunch because i should have known
the answer.

thanks

Quote:> All you have to do is use the ">>" symbol when you run
> cfgmaker.  Run it the first time for one router with > mrtg.cfg
> then for the other router with >> mrtg.cfg.

> If you already have two separate configs you can cut and paste
> them together or do a
> cat cfg2 >> cfg1
> if you are using unix.

> Ron

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

Post by Jeff » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

No need to creat multiple cfg files here is a sample of my mrtg.cfg and I
monitor a total of 15 different routers with it.
then run the index maker pont it to the mrtg.cfg file and list all of the
names of your routers (myrouter.mydomain.com) and and give the file
indexmaker will creat a name like index.html or what ever you want.
example...

indexmaker mrtg.cfg <myrouter.mydomain.com mynextrouter.mydomain.com> >
/usr/local/web/mrtg/index.html

Also refer to this site it has some good config info.
http://www.develnet.es/~david/papers/snmp/
Here is an excerpt from my mrtg.cfg file it will also run it as a daemon for
you so you don't have to manually ad anything to your cron.
#Start
# Minimal Cfg for several Routers.
#---------------------------------
WorkDir: /home/httpd/html
RunAsDaemon:Yes
Interval:5
#
Title[^]: Traffic Analysis for my WAN Links
PageTop[^]: <H1>Stats for MY WAN </H1>
PageTop[$]: <P>Contact info ???</P>
#
Title[wfnj_ny2-w.mydomain.com]: wfnj_ny2-w.mydomain.com
PageTop[wfnj_ny2-w.mydomain.com]: <H1>NJ To NY </H1>

MaxBytes[wfnj_ny2-w.mydomain.com]: 1250000
#
Title[wfny_nj2.mydomain.com]: wfny_nj2.mydomain.com
PageTop[wfny_nj2.mydomain.com]: <H1>NY To NJ </H1>

MaxBytes[wfny_nj2.mydomain.com]: 1250000
#
Title[wfln_nj.mydomain.com]: wfln_nj.mydomainr.com
PageTop[wfln_nj.mydomain.com]: <H1>LN to NJ </H1>

MaxBytes[wfln_nj.mydomain.com]: 128000
#END

Good Luck!!
Jeff

> Create separate .cfg for each, then concatenate them all into one file.
> indexmaker can handle can handle multiple entries in one file.

> ----------

> > if i have two separate routers (192.168.69.239 and .240) and i want to
> > generate mrtg stats for each, how do i set it up?

> > i expect there is a better way than creating separate cfg files and
> > calling each thru a separate cron entry.

> > if the answer lies with indexmaker, then i don't understand how what to
> > enter for "<regexp for router-names>" nor how to generate a cfg with
> > multiple ip's.

> > this is a GREAT app and i'm looking forward to using it.

> > thanks for any help

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

mrtg monitoring multiple ip's

Post by ??? » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Thank.
I'm success
I want to Know, what  mrtg use to snmp version v1 ,2c, v3
and how Can I access unber of end users to connection my webserver
If you have some free,  tell me a anser to email

happy day  everytime.
       from korea YoungKyu Lim