WINNT - WIN2k - Process Monitoring

Post by Jame » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 01:57:59

I am looking for a good way or any way to monitor a process on WINNT and
WIN2k.

Anyone?

Thanks.

James

Post by JB Lew » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:00:36

> I am looking for a good way or any way to monitor a process on WINNT and
> WIN2k.

> Anyone?

> Thanks.

> James

Here's one way.  It's documented on alink from the MRTG site, but
here's the jist of it.  Use Performance in Win2K to do a counter log
against the process you want to monitor, output it to a csv.  Then use
a perl script to parse that csv and return the value in mrtg form
(value<CR>value<CR>name<CR>uptime)

the mrtg.cfg file refers to the script.

I am doing this to monitor how many RAS ports are in use.

JB

1. Winnt - Win2k Process Monitoring

I am trying to monitor processes (not services) on Win2k and/or WinNT.  I
need to generate a notification, (prefferably a trap) when and if a process
fails or is started.

I have tried using procmon (http://www.ncomtech.com/download.htm)
but it simply does not work.

If anyone has tamed this beast please let me know.  Thanks.

James Amann
404-651-1574

2. WHERE TO GET MORE INSTRUMENTS FOR MAC MIDI/QUICKTIME?

3. NTP-Server process on WinNt

4. CASE: Objectory & Rational Rose/C++

5. Policy Editor in a mixed Win2K/WinNT environment

6. *** Flight Recorder Fighter Duel Pro ***

7. Adding new Win2K accounts to WinNT domain

8. Ricochet Launches Customer Referral Program

9. NTP Properties in Win2k/WinNT

10. PPTP on WinNT vs. Win2K

11. Monitored SS7 MSU data post processing...

12. Monitored SS7 MSU Data Post Processing

13. Monitoring call process