perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Joerg Klein » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:54:11



Hallo !
I want to monitor the cpu of my cisco router. The SNMP-OID
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0
is ok and i get an answer of the last 5 minutes of my cpu utilisation. (when
i test it from an other  NodeManager Station)

when i start: perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

i get the following error. what is wrong ?????

C:\mrtg-2.9.7\bin>perl mrtg mrtg.kvb
ERROR: Line 16

23) in CFG file (mrtg.kvb)  does not make sense

mrtg.cfg:
# Router CPU load %

3

 MaxBytes[cpu.1]: 100
 Title[cpu.1]: CPU LOAD
 PageTop[cpu.1]: <H1>CPU Load %</H1>
 Unscaled[cpu.1]: ymwd
 ShortLegend[cpu.1]: %
 XSize[cpu.1]: 380
 YSize[cpu.1]: 100
 YLegend[cpu.1]: CPU Utilization
 Legend1[cpu.1]: CPU Utilization in % (Load)
 Legend2[cpu.1]: CPU Utilization in % (Load)
 Legend3[cpu.1]:
 Legend4[cpu.1]:
 LegendI[cpu.1]:
 LegendO[cpu.1]: &nbsp;Usage
 Options[cpu.1]:

 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Jeff Lieberman » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:24:33


On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:54:11 +0100, "Joerg Kleine"


>C:\mrtg-2.9.7\bin>perl mrtg mrtg.kvb
>ERROR: Line 16

>23) in CFG file (mrtg.kvb)  does not make sense


Try putting a space after the Target name as in:
  Target[cpu.1]: 1.3.6.......etc
----------------^

--
Jeff Liebermann  150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz CA 95060
(831)421-6491 pgr (831)426-1240 fax (831)336-2558 home
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com   WB6SSY


 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Joerg Klein » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:55:25


Thanks but
it does not work. i got the same error !

can you or anyone else send me an *.cfg file to monitor a cpu util.

i have mrt 2.9.7 and the example in the /doc is not right !!

thanks



> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:54:11 +0100, "Joerg Kleine"

> >C:\mrtg-2.9.7\bin>perl mrtg mrtg.kvb
> >ERROR: Line 16


.
> >23) in CFG file (mrtg.kvb)  does not make sense


23

> Try putting a space after the Target name as in:
>   Target[cpu.1]: 1.3.6.......etc
> ----------------^

> --
> Jeff Liebermann  150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz CA 95060
> (831)421-6491 pgr (831)426-1240 fax (831)336-2558 home
> http://www.LearnByDestroying.com   WB6SSY


 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Marhaba BEEKU » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:30:50


Change the name of the target from cpu.1 to cpu_1
 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Joerg Klein » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:28:23


it is the same. the problem still occur !!

the same error



Quote:> Change the name of the target from cpu.1 to cpu_1

 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Joerg Klein » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:36:50


I foung now a better config ! Its now OK !

Thanks to all



> it is the same. the problem still occur !!

> the same error



> > Change the name of the target from cpu.1 to cpu_1

 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Jeff Lieberman » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:17:04


On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:36:50 +0100, "Joerg Kleine"


>I foung now a better config ! Its now OK !

Swell.  What did you change?

--
Jeff Liebermann  150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz CA 95060
(831)421-6491 pgr (831)426-1240 fax (831)336-2558 home
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com   WB6SSY

 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by rjcla.. » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 02:58:51



> I foung now a better config ! Its now OK !

> Thanks to all



> > it is the same. the problem still occur !!

> > the same error



> > > Change the name of the target from cpu.1 to cpu_1

Please post the better config.

Bob Clark

 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by Joerg Klein » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:22:14


Sorry for late
this works fine with mrtg 2.9.7.
the example in the doc don't work.

thanks to all

# CPU cisco-123
-
123
Options[cpu_fw_2]: absolute, gauge, growright
MaxBytes[cpu_fw_2]: 100
AbsMax[cpu_fw_2]: 100
Title[cpu_fw_2]: CPU-Load cisco-123
YLegend[cpu_fw_2]: CPU Load
ShortLegend[cpu_fw_2]: &nbsp;
LegendO[cpu_fw_2]:  &nbsp; CPU-Load            :
PageTop[cpu_fw_2]: <H1>CPU-Load cisco-123</H1>
Directory[cpu_fw_2]: CPU




> > I foung now a better config ! Its now OK !

> > Thanks to all



> > > it is the same. the problem still occur !!

> > > the same error



> > > > Change the name of the target from cpu.1 to cpu_1

> Please post the better config.

> Bob Clark

 
 
 

perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Post by rjcla.. » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 02:23:24



> Sorry for late
> this works fine with mrtg 2.9.7.
> the example in the doc don't work.

> thanks to all

> # CPU cisco-123
-
> 123
> Options[cpu_fw_2]: absolute, gauge, growright
> MaxBytes[cpu_fw_2]: 100
> AbsMax[cpu_fw_2]: 100
> Title[cpu_fw_2]: CPU-Load cisco-123
> YLegend[cpu_fw_2]: CPU Load
> ShortLegend[cpu_fw_2]: &nbsp;
> LegendO[cpu_fw_2]:  &nbsp; CPU-Load            :
> PageTop[cpu_fw_2]: <H1>CPU-Load cisco-123</H1>
> Directory[cpu_fw_2]: CPU




> > > I foung now a better config ! Its now OK !

> > > Thanks to all



> > > > it is the same. the problem still occur !!

> > > > the same error



> > > > > Change the name of the target from cpu.1 to cpu_1

> > Please post the better config.

> > Bob Clark

Thank you. I'll give this a try!

Bob Clark

 
 
 

1. Error message when running perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

Hello,

   I'm pretty sure that I followed the
instructions carefully, but when I run perl mrtg
mrtg.cfg, I get the following error

"ERROR: Can't find location of mrtg executable
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mrtg line
57."

Keep in mind that I'm running on a win2k box,
using ActiveState perl.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Keyboard w/ TrackPoint

3. MRTG and mrtg.cfg-problem!

4. DFE95?

5. MRTG- Error with Multiple Router mrtg.cfg

6. unapproved AXFR..?

7. MRTG - Cisco675 - ADSL - mrtg.cfg

8. High Availability solution

9. Newbie Question - Adding devices to mrtg.cfg

10. mrtg.cfg imagefile and logfiles problem

11. Warning while running mrtg.cfg- please help

12. mrtg.cfg lock files

13. mrtg.cfg_l aged 0 seconds???