Network performance application on Winnt

Network performance application on Winnt

Post by Edward W » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am a Engineering Science student who wants to write an application which
will communicate with a net card(eq:Ethernet card) to obtain the information:
packet size,source & destination address of all frames sent on an Ethernet LAN,
so that I can write an application which measures network performance .
I want to develop it on Winnt or WIn 95 . Where can I find more information
about it ?? Does MSDN support these APIs??  Thanks.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Writing a Network Performance Application

We are two fourth year Electrical Engineering students who need to write
an application which will communicate with an Ethernet card to obtain
the following information online:
size, number and destination addresses of all frames sent on an Ethernet
LAN, so that we can build an application which measures network
performance.

Thus far, a number of approaches have been suggested:

1. Write a Windows application, and write the TCP/IP layers ourselves.
2. Write a Windows application by interfacing with Winsock.
3. Write a DOS application, with assembler code to capture frames and
place them in a buffer.

ANY help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Julia Jackson and Terry Angelos
University of the Witwatersrand
Johannesburg  South Africa

2. Mandatory Profile Q;

3. New York City-application development architect/designer needed

4. WinNT Client 4.7 and Application Launcher

5. RV: Unixware 7.1.0

6. wrting to BIND from Winnt application

7. process memory

8. NEW ! Performance tool to improve your network performance

9. WinNT dialup performance

10. Poor performance of intranetware client for WINNT

11. Tweaking ADSL performance under WinNT

12. Slow 100baseTX performance on WinNT 4.0 Workstation