1. How to get "show arp" and "show interface" from router via snmp?
The sysDescr for our router is: GS Software (GS3-F), Version
8.3(5)[fc3] SOFTWARE Copyright (c) 1986-1992 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 05-Aug-92 00:23 by mlw
I've been muddling through this, and it seems that not all of the
information I want is available from the mib, or if it is available,
it isn't where I am look for it.
I was able to get the following:
1) The number of interfaces on the router
2) The type of interface
3) The ethernet address for the interface
4) The IP address for the interface
I need the subnet mask for each interface, in addition to these.
Where is the subnet mask for each interface stored?
I also would like to get the data that is in the arp cache via snmp
In the mib.txt file dated November 1992, there are a few "counter"
varibles for incoming and outgoing ARP packets, but I don't see the
whole arp cache table in the mib.
Is the arp table available?
Is it in the iso_org_dod_internet_mgmt_mib portion of the tree, or is
it in the iso_org_dod_internet_private_enterprises_9 portion of the
thanks in advance,
| Network Engineering Data Communications and Computing Services |
| University of Pennsylvania (215) 898-9534 |
2. Will NYNEX connect to my own riser?
3. Security in OS/2
4. Book Review: "Netscape Developer's Guide to Plug-ins" by Young
5. WD 90C33? (was Re: Western Digital 90c31 Drivers)
6. Local Director's "show connection" and "show real" TCP count.
7. tool for extracting user rights?
8. Tying up Port Login table entries with Port Table Entries in CISCO SNMP
9. Help wanted!!!!********"""""""""///////
10. Mysterious "reappearing" route table entries
11. 7204 slows down during "BGP: scanning routing tables"
12. "paged" CAM table hash