How to show MIB "table in table" in snmp manager?

How to show MIB "table in table" in snmp manager?

Post by Ray Che » Thu, 01 May 2003 12:13:21

Hi all,
Can i visually show MIBs "table in table" on SNMP manager? I would
like to display a dependent expansion relationship between 2 tables.
Is this base on Manager implementation? I have tried FineConnection
MonitorOne, LoriotPro and SNMPc, I cant manage any of them to do that.

here is the base concept of my MIBs:

 appEntry OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  AppEntry
        MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS  current
        DESCRIPTION
                "mycom application entry"
        INDEX   { process }
        ::= { mycomAppTable 1 }

 alertKeyEntry OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  AlertKeyEntry
        MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
        STATUS  current
        DESCRIPTION
                "mycom alert key table entry"
        INDEX   { process, alertKey }
        ::= { alertKeyTable 1 }

Thx a lot!!

How to show MIB "table in table" in snmp manager?

Post by Frank Foc » Wed, 28 May 2003 16:34:32

Hi Ray,

You can use MIB Explorer to show augmented and expanded tables.
When opening a table, MIB Explorer will check if there are other
tables expanding or augmenting that table. If there are such tables
in the MIB set of the current target, MIB Explorer will show a shuffle
list where you may then choose which tables to include in your table
view.

For more details see http://www.mibexplorer.com

Regards,
Frank Fock

>Hi all,
>Can i visually show MIBs "table in table" on SNMP manager? I would
>like to display a dependent expansion relationship between 2 tables.
>Is this base on Manager implementation? I have tried FineConnection
>MonitorOne, LoriotPro and SNMPc, I cant manage any of them to do that.

>here is the base concept of my MIBs:

> appEntry OBJECT-TYPE
>    SYNTAX  AppEntry
>    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
>    STATUS  current
>    DESCRIPTION
>            "mycom application entry"
>    INDEX   { process }
>    ::= { mycomAppTable 1 }

> alertKeyEntry OBJECT-TYPE
>    SYNTAX  AlertKeyEntry
>    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
>    STATUS  current
>    DESCRIPTION
>            "mycom alert key table entry"
>    INDEX   { process, alertKey }
>    ::= { alertKeyTable 1 }

>Thx a lot!!

1. How to get "show arp" and "show interface" from router via snmp?

The sysDescr for our router is: GS Software (GS3-F), Version
8.3(5)[fc3] SOFTWARE Copyright (c) 1986-1992 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 05-Aug-92 00:23 by mlw

I've been muddling through this, and it seems that not all of the
information I want is available from the mib, or if it is available,
it isn't where I am look for it.

I was able to get the following:

1) The number of interfaces on the router
   iso_org_dod_internet_mgmt_mib_interfaces_ifNumber_0

2) The type of interface
   ...mgmt_mib_interfaces_ifTable_ifEntry_ifType_$interface

3) The ethernet address for the interface
   ...mgmt_mib_interfaces_ifTable_ifEntry_ifPhysAddress_$interface

4) The IP address for the interface
   ...mgmt_mib_interfaces_ifTable_ifEntry_ifNetAddress_$interface

I need the subnet mask for each interface, in addition to these.
Where is the subnet mask for each interface stored?

I also would like to get the data that is in the arp cache via snmp
queries.

In the mib.txt file dated November 1992, there are a few "counter"
varibles for incoming and outgoing ARP packets, but I don't see the
whole arp cache table in the mib.

Is the arp table available?

Is it in the iso_org_dod_internet_mgmt_mib portion of the tree, or is
it in the iso_org_dod_internet_private_enterprises_9 portion of the
tree?

thanks in advance,
|                                                                      |

| Network Engineering       Data Communications and Computing Services |
| University of Pennsylvania                            (215) 898-9534 |

2. Will NYNEX connect to my own riser?

3. Security in OS/2

4. Book Review: "Netscape Developer's Guide to Plug-ins" by Young

5. WD 90C33? (was Re: Western Digital 90c31 Drivers)

6. Local Director's "show connection" and "show real" TCP count.

7. tool for extracting user rights?

8. Tying up Port Login table entries with Port Table Entries in CISCO SNMP

10. Mysterious "reappearing" route table entries

11. 7204 slows down during "BGP: scanning routing tables"

12. "paged" CAM table hash