My MRTG instance stop without reason

Post by Franck DEL RI » Thu, 08 May 2003 21:14:51

I have create a windows NT service with the RunAs Daemon option.
But these time the perl process stop without reason...
Where can I find information or trace in log to see what's happening ?

My MRTG instance stop without reason

Post by Mats » Thu, 08 May 2003 22:06:33

RTFM from the "Reference" documentation:

--logging filename|eventlog

If this is set to writable filename, all output from mrtg (warnings, debug
messages, errors) will go to filename. If you are running on Win32 you can
specify eventlog instead of a filename which will send all error to the
windows event log.

NOTE:Note, there is no Message DLL for mrtg. This has the side effect that
the windows event logger will display a nice message with every entry in the
event log, complaing about the fact that mrtg has no message dll. If any of
the Windows folks want to contribute one, they are welcome.

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html

Regards

Mats

Quote:> I have create a windows NT service with the RunAs Daemon option.