strange mrtg-behaviour

Post by David Oband » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:49:24

dear all,

i'm using mrtg for checking the traffic on an internet router. what
really makes me wondering, that the daily graphs are allright, but the
w,m,y graphs show wrong numbers!
f.e. the max on the daily graph is ~1500kBit/s, when you look on that
day on the weekly graph it's only ~750kBit/s.
how could that be?

have a look on a copy of me mrtg-page at:
http://www.asterix.de/mrtg/193.102.6.1.html

thank you,
david

strange mrtg-behaviour

Post by Niels Bagges » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:41:15

> i'm using mrtg for checking the traffic on an internet router. what
> really makes me wondering, that the daily graphs are allright, but the
> w,m,y graphs show wrong numbers!
> f.e. the max on the daily graph is ~1500kBit/s, when you look on that
> day on the weekly graph it's only ~750kBit/s.
> how could that be?

The daily numbers are the recorded 5 minute averages. For the week etc
you get averages over 30 minutes or more. You can still see to 5 minute
peaks if you add a WithPeak[target]: wmy directive to your cfg file.

/Niels

strange mrtg-behaviour

Post by David Oband » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:17:48

oh, yes - that's what i want!

thank you,
david

> The daily numbers are the recorded 5 minute averages. For the week etc
> you get averages over 30 minutes or more. You can still see to 5 minute
> peaks if you add a WithPeak[target]: wmy directive to your cfg file.

> /Niels

1. Strange Behaviour Cisco-1003 <-> Cisco-1003

Hi Cisco-Guru's

I'm encountering a strange problem between two Cisco-1003.
(The first has IOS 11.2 the second Ios 11.3)

If the first on calls the other on everything works fine.
If the latter one calls the first one, the connection is not getting up.

Both work with basically the same configuration:

Each has

username OTHERROUTERNAME password 0 COMMONPASSWORD
isdn switch-type basic-net3

interface bri 0
ip unnumbered Ether 0
encap ppp
dialer map ip OTHERIP name OTHERNAME telefonnumber
ppp auth chap
dialer-group 1

access-list 100 permit ip any any
dialer-list 1 proto ip list 100

no ip classless
ip route OTHERROUTER 255.255.255.255 BRI0

the following debugs are switched on:
isdn ev
isdn q921
isdn q931
dialer ev
ppp auth
ppp neg

If the first calls the second, an incomming connection is indicated in the
second router.
PPP started, and LCP begins to poll. (Soon after this, the first LCP-Packet
of
the remote side comes in, and after protocol-negotiations Authorization
starts)
After this everything works as expected. (The IP-connection is comming up).

If the second calls the first, the first shows an incomming call, and
accepts this call.
On both sides PPP's are started, both LCP's begin to poll, but these packets
are never
received from the other side. After 10 packets (or so) both sides give up
and terminate
the call.

Any hints what im doing wrong ?

Thanks for your time...Rainer

PS: The first router has a direct (telekom) isdn-line. The second one is
behind our companys
 telephone-switch.
Anyhow, the second router can successfully call other partners (like
internet call-by-call numbers of
various providers, and my private Win-NT at home)

2. Reputable 900 Service (For a Change)

3. Strange Behavior From 801 - Anybody know why?

4. need help for from Synopsys to cadence

5. c7304 and c2924xl - strange behavior

6. CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

7. strange NAT behaviour with SMTP port

8. Depressing Button Gadgets

9. VPN - Strange behaviour

10. strange frame-relay subinterface behavior

11. 4500 Fast Ethernet/HP Procurve switch strange behaviour.

12. Strange PIX behaviour with F/Over?

13. Strange EIGRP behavior