mrtg graph of Veritas Netbackup kb/s possible??????

mrtg graph of Veritas Netbackup kb/s possible??????

Post by BerkHolz, Steve » Wed, 14 May 2003 06:24:26



I have a Dell Powervault 128T Library with two LTO drives.
We are using Veritas Netbackup Datacenter.

Do you know if it is possible to graph wither the drives or Netbackup to
monitor the kb/s??

Thank You,
Steven BerkHolz

 
 
 

mrtg graph of Veritas Netbackup kb/s possible??????

Post by John Do » Fri, 23 May 2003 02:14:01



> I have a Dell Powervault 128T Library with two LTO drives.
> We are using Veritas Netbackup Datacenter.

I use a hp ux 11.11 machine with a msi5300 library from the red side of
hp (compaq) and two lto drives

Quote:

> Do you know if it is possible to graph wither the drives or Netbackup to
> monitor the kb/s??

I haven't found a way yet. You can only see if the lto tapes are streaming.

I tried to monitor the gigabit network, to see the stream of data
flowing to the server, but MRTG does not go higher than 12.5 Mb/s and I
know that my tapes are doing 2 times 15 Mb/sec

My all time high is 44 Mb/sec to a gigabit (linux) server, but mrtg did
not go higher than 12.5.....

Quote:

> Thank You,
> Steven BerkHolz

Anyone else a suggestion?

 
 
 

mrtg graph of Veritas Netbackup kb/s possible??????

Post by Mats Karlsso » Fri, 23 May 2003 03:45:16




> > I have a Dell Powervault 128T Library with two LTO drives.
> > We are using Veritas Netbackup Datacenter.
> I use a hp ux 11.11 machine with a msi5300 library from the red side of
> hp (compaq) and two lto drives

> > Do you know if it is possible to graph wither the drives or Netbackup to
> > monitor the kb/s??

> I haven't found a way yet. You can only see if the lto tapes are
streaming.

> I tried to monitor the gigabit network, to see the stream of data
> flowing to the server, but MRTG does not go higher than 12.5 Mb/s and I
> know that my tapes are doing 2 times 15 Mb/sec

Sorry to point out that MRTG defaults to Bytes, so 12.5MByte/s is actualy
100Mbit/s!

Quote:> My all time high is 44 Mb/sec to a gigabit (linux) server, but mrtg did
> not go higher than 12.5.....

> > Thank You,
> > Steven BerkHolz

> Anyone else a suggestion?

An suggestion is to check with veritas if there are an snmp counter for the
value you are looking for.

/Mats

 
 
 

1. Veritas NetBackup & NW 4.11

We are trying to get the combo of Veritas NetBackup and Netware 4.11
running. Is anyone out there using a NetBackup server ( either Unix or NT )
to backup Netware servers?

We are having no end of problems with error 42 ( network read failled ).

This relies on Netware's TCP/IP implementation so if anyone knows any tricks
to make that more stable please let me know.

Thanks


2. WTB:icd or link 2 for mega st

3. MRTG percentage graphing and total bandwidth utilization graphing

4. Will program front ends in MS Access for Oracle data base's

5. 4 KB block size vs. 64 KB block size

6. Tape backup software

7. KB's and kb's explained

8. Write caches was Re: SMART

9. KB vs. kB -- Conversion Question

10. MRTG graphs for AS5248

11. MRTG - Graph in Bits

12. mrtg reports 8k/s max graph instead of 256k ISDN

13. Cisco 15454s and MRTG Graphing