MRTG Graphing question

Post by Kelvin Chun » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:09:15

Hi all:

I am new to using MRTG, and was wondering if someone could help me
with the graphing capabilities.  I'm using MRTG to graph my frame
relay links, and was wondering if it's possible to draw a line across
the graph where my CIR is...  I want to use the port speed as the top
of my graph, but would like a horizontal line drawn to show the CIR so
I can see at a glance whenever the circuit is over utilized.

Thanks,

Kelvin

MRTG Graphing question

Post by Bo » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:21:49

Kevin, use the AbsMax keyword in you're config.

AbsMax:
If you are monitoring a link which can handle more traffic than the
MaxBytes value. Eg, a line which uses compression or some frame relay
link, you can use the AbsMax keyword to give the absolute maximum
value ever to be reached. We need to know this in order to sort out
unrealistic values returned by the routers. If you do not set AbsMax,
rateup will ignore values higher than MaxBytes.

Example:

 AbsMax[ezwf]: 2500000

> Hi all:

> I am new to using MRTG, and was wondering if someone could help me
> with the graphing capabilities.  I'm using MRTG to graph my frame
> relay links, and was wondering if it's possible to draw a line across
> the graph where my CIR is...  I want to use the port speed as the top
> of my graph, but would like a horizontal line drawn to show the CIR so
> I can see at a glance whenever the circuit is over utilized.

> Thanks,

> Kelvin

1. MRTG Graph Question

I just set up MRTG for the first time yesterday and everything seemed
to be working fine.  However, this morning when I went to check the
graphs, they are only showing information from today even though the
grid still shows the whole 24 hour period.  I watched it throughout
the day yesterday and I know there was traffic on it, but today it is
not showing anything from last night or the previous 24 hours.

Is there something I need to put in the .cfg file to make this happen
?

Also.... and maybe this is a dumb questions, but the Max Speed shows
1250.0 kBytes/s but it really shoud be 512 kBytes/s.  This router is
connected to a T1 that is only using 8 lines for data.  Is there
anyway to correct this.

Much thanks in advance,

Dan

2. How to get rid of wrong root@ in From: heather in pine linux RH 5.1 ?

3. MRTG percentage graphing and total bandwidth utilization graphing

4. Good intro tech book?

5. Question regarding reading the MRTG graph

6. Intelligent Creative People Use Macs

7. MRTG graphs--2 questions

8. Returned mail:Amiga graphics

9. MRTG graphs for AS5248

10. MRTG - Graph in Bits

11. mrtg reports 8k/s max graph instead of 256k ISDN

12. Cisco 15454s and MRTG Graphing

13. MRTG graphing on 3Com 812 ADSL Router