minimum thresholds

Post by Shibum » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:02:58

Hello,

Can you please provide me some examples or info urls for setting the mrtg to
notify me when the traffic is below expected value in a given period of
time. At least is it possible to do it with mrtg.

Thanks in advance
Shibumi

minimum thresholds

Post by Rainer Sokol » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:50:08

>  Can you please provide me some examples or info urls for setting the mrtg to
>  notify me when the traffic is below expected value in a given period of
>  time. At least is it possible to do it with mrtg.

From http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html

----8<----
ThreshMinI (PER TARGET)

This is the minimum acceptable value for the Input (first) parameter. If
the parameter falls below this value, the program specified in
ThreshProgI will be run. If the value ends in '%' then the threshold is
defined relative to MaxBytes.
----8<----

Rainer

minimum thresholds

Post by BV » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:09:11

Hi,

MRTG has a threshold checking feature which can be activated using the
Thresh* parameters in your config file. See the reference.html document that
came in the docs section when you downloaded mrtg.

Basically, if the Input [or Output] value falls below the threshold
specified by the ThreshMinI [or ThreshMinO] parameter, then MRTG calls the
script defined in the ThreshProgI [or ThreshProgO] parameter, and passes it
3 arguments - the $router variable, the threshold value and the curent
value.

You just need to customise your script to notify you once it is called by
mrtg.

--
BV

________________________________

________________________________

Quote:> Hello,

> Can you please provide me some examples or info urls for setting the mrtg
> notify me when the traffic is below expected value in a given period of
> time. At least is it possible to do it with mrtg.

> Thanks in advance
> Shibumi

1. router thresholds (SNMP events for log files & HPOV)

Hello, and thank you in advance for any response.
I am trying to find the default thresholds built in to Cisco router and
switch IOS for snmp alarms to be sent to an HP OpenView collection station,
as well as log files.  I receive events for late collisions, excessive
collisions, CRC errors, network critical errors, etc., but I don't know at
what point (the formulas used) the router determines that these events are
in fact errors.
I need to know this information in order to determine what additional
threshold polling parameters need to be applied for intelligent network
management.

2. WIN 95 Y2K compliant ? OFFICE 97 Y2K complian ?

3. ISDN Dialer Load Threshold

4. FS Weitek Power-Up Chips

5. ISDN load-threshold

6. Date displayed wrong

7. DDR rotary groups with "Bandwidth on demand" (dialer load-threshold)

8. Data Recording Cartridges

9. Several different load thresholds on pri?

10. Dialer load-threshold woes

11. Access list accounting threshold exceeded?

12. Not enough buffers or discard threshold inadequate ?

13. ISDN load-threshold