Performance mangement tools

Post by Reuben Di » Sat, 10 May 2003 18:19:22

I'm researching network performance management tools, and I'm looking
for some general advice and comments about what is out there, who the
key players are and any salient comments about pros and cons.
I'm looking at tools like nGenius and MRTG, which can potentially give
detailed information about who (by address or app) is using what on my
network.
Any advice gratefully received.

Reuben

Performance mangement tools

Post by Chaz » Sat, 10 May 2003 22:28:26

Quote:> I'm researching network performance management tools, and I'm looking
> for some general advice and comments about what is out there, who the
> key players are and any salient comments about pros and cons.
> I'm looking at tools like nGenius and MRTG, which can potentially give
> detailed information about who (by address or app) is using what on my
> network.
> Any advice gratefully received.

> Reuben

Hi Reuben

I believe the best off-the-shelf product at the moment is Network
Instruments Observer. Depending on the size of your network, costs start at
2,000 gbp, and can run over 20,000. On my network, I use mrtg+rrdtool (trend
monitoring), nagios (service availability), Solarwinds Toolkit
(mapping/monitoring) and Commview (packet sniffing).

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this in more
detail, please email me.

Regards,

Chris.

Performance mangement tools

Post by Kammermeier Marku » Fri, 16 May 2003 03:28:57

Quote:> Hi Reuben

> I believe the best off-the-shelf product at the moment is Network
> Instruments Observer. Depending on the size of your network, costs start
at
> 2,000 gbp, and can run over 20,000. On my network, I use mrtg+rrdtool
(trend
> monitoring), nagios (service availability), Solarwinds Toolkit
> (mapping/monitoring) and Commview (packet sniffing).

How do you realize alerting?

regards,
Markus

Quote:> I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this in
more
> detail, please email me.

> Regards,

> Chris.

1. network mangement tool mrtg

i am working on Network mamangement tool MRTG.I have to customized
this tool as per the rquirement of my client.in the first part of this
project i have to poll the router and get the network information like
input-output data rate and packet loss.This information is stored in a
logfile.after that it represents graphical representation of all the
links.
i have to crete a database of the information polled from the
router.firstly the information is stored in notepad as text file.i m
not able to find how this text information is converted into the
database.bcos it is real time system.router will be polled at every 5
minutes.so there will be continuous storage of data in database. how
is it possible?

        mail me at

2. SYSTEM-F-NOPRIV on submit

3. Using a DNS mangement tool with ISC's BIND

4. Orbix on Web

5. Network Mangement Development Tools

6. SPARC NVRAM configuration and boot parameters

7. Linux Network Mangement Tools

8. Utilization By CoS/ToS Values

9. NEW ! Performance tool to improve your network performance

10. Network performance management tools

11. web based tool for monitoring performance !!

12. Tools/utilities for evaluating the network performance wanted

13. Perform2 - performance testing tool