SELECT performance problem on a join

Post by Patrice Esp » Sun, 06 May 2001 06:02:46

Quote:>> >  2) Have you 'VACUUM ANALYZE t_test' and 'VACUUM ANALYZE doc' yet?
>> >Try #2, it should help you quite a bit.
>> I jsut did it : it said : VACUUM. Nothing else. This doesn't help me,
realy
>> ! ;)
>Have you tried your query since you VACUUM'ed?
>It helps a lot more than you would think.

Done. The problem has disapeared !!
Any explanation ?

Thank's a lot
Patrice

1. SELECT performance problem on a join

Hello,

I have a great problem with performances of my database, on the SQL request:
---------------
select t_test.doc_id,  t_test.f_num_centre, t_test.f_num_candidat from
t_test, doc where t_test.doc_id=doc.id and doc.docsubset_id=2000077392
---------------
The doc table has 36.000 rows, and t_test the same. There is an index on doc
(docsubset_id) and an index on t_test (doc_id). There is others index too.

When I send this request, I must wait for about 45 sec. before the results
appears.
The server is a BI-PII 266, and there is about no activity on the database
neither on the server.

When I was using this request under MS-SQLServer (v6), the wait time was
about nothing.

What's wrong ?

Thank's a lot
Patrice Espie

2. PDM for SolidWorks?

3. Datawindow UPDATE problems when using OUTER JOIN select

4. IBM MultiMedia Modem

5. FreeBSD, Linux: select, select count(*) performance

6. ms-dos copy-protect algorithms wanted

7. join-performance problem

8. Joystick&FS98

9. Index not used on single select, but used in join.

10. SELECT FROM t1 WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM t2 UNION SELECT id

11. SELECT FROM t1 WHERE id IN (SELECT id FROM t2 UNION SELECT id FROM t3)

12. a select statement that sometimes joins