Porting existing postgresql databases to another machine

Porting existing postgresql databases to another machine

Post by Brian Johnso » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:16:43

I'm trying to port some existing postgresql databases to another machine

I'd really like to replicate the databases on the second machine, but would
accept a process that just copies the data over

Can anyone point me to a how-to or offer some advice?

Porting existing postgresql databases to another machine

Post by Brian Johnso » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:04:03

I found what I was looking for here:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/admin/migration.html

It took me hours to find it though

> I'm trying to port some existing postgresql databases to another
>  machine

> I'd really like to replicate the databases on the second machine, but
>  would
> accept a process that just copies the data over

> Can anyone point me to a how-to or offer some advice?

HTTP://techdocs.postgresql.org/

Though, quite frankly, if you're running on Unix the fastest process is
 to use pg_dump files.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus

   and data management solutions       (415) 565-7293
  for law firms, small businesses        fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.      San Francisco

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

1. Porting existing postgresql databases to another

Brian,

HTTP://techdocs.postgresql.org/

Though, quite frankly, if you're running on Unix the fastest process is
 to use pg_dump files.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus

   and data management solutions       (415) 565-7293
  for law firms, small businesses        fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.      San Francisco

http://archives.postgresql.org

2. Server.CreateObject, 80040154, and user authentication

3. Copying a PostgreSQL Database from local machine to Web Site Host

4. MYSQL Newbie

5. Using older machines with PostgreSQL?

6. Visioneer 7600USB Software

7. 2 postgresql processes on the same machine ?

8. Optimising Sendmail

9. Connecting postgresql from another machine as client

10. comp.database, comp.databases, comp.databases.oracle, comp.databases.oracle.tools, comp.databases.oracle.misc, comp.databases.sybase, comp.databases.olap, comp.editors

11. Dataflow machines exist

12. PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1