Porting existing postgresql databases to another

Porting existing postgresql databases to another

Post by Josh Berku » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:45:52

Brian,

Quote:> I'm trying to port some existing postgresql databases to another
>  machine

> I'd really like to replicate the databases on the second machine, but
>  would
> accept a process that just copies the data over

> Can anyone point me to a how-to or offer some advice?

HTTP://techdocs.postgresql.org/

Though, quite frankly, if you're running on Unix the fastest process is
 to use pg_dump files.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus

   and data management solutions       (415) 565-7293
  for law firms, small businesses        fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.      San Francisco

http://archives.postgresql.org

1. Porting existing postgresql databases to another machine

I'm trying to port some existing postgresql databases to another machine

I'd really like to replicate the databases on the second machine, but would
accept a process that just copies the data over

Can anyone point me to a how-to or offer some advice?

2. Category Theory from RFC Walters' book

3. comp.database, comp.databases, comp.databases.oracle, comp.databases.oracle.tools, comp.databases.oracle.misc, comp.databases.sybase, comp.databases.olap, comp.editors

4. Watcom 11.0 and DOS4GW problem!

5. PostgreSQL or RedHat Database 2.1

6. Adding WD IDE hard drive to B&W G3 w/ SCSI boot drive

7. Exporting a PostGreSql database

8. automatic login w95/client32

9. Postgresql database does not start and just hangs

10. comp.databases.postgresql.novice server

11. is the PostgreSQL a tempotal database

12. Problem connecting to Postgresql and creating databases

13. Reliable and scrptable backup to Postgresql databases.