multi-user and multi-level database access

multi-user and multi-level database access

Post by Tomasz Myr » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:53:27

Hi
I want to protect my database against unauthorised data destruction
(Postgresql 7.2) I have some applications accesing database, each one
does other things and there is a lot of users using these applications.

Here is my solution:
- each application has one postgresql group (create group...)
- i have a lot of grants/revokes for these groups
- there is a table named "users" which contains logins, user names and
other useful information.
- after inserting a row to table "users", inside plpgsql function
I "create user <login>"
- for each application I "alter group application_group add user <login>"

My questions are:
- how to check if some postgresql user exists? I found them in table
pg_shadow, but selecting this table is legal?
- how to change postgresql user login? Do I have to drop/create user, or
I can update table pg_shadow?
- is it possible to revoke some privileges to all tables without listing
them? I want to revoke all trigger/references/rule to all users without
database owner.

And one additional question - not exactly to this list:
- did anyone compile libpq under MsWindows with ssl?

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

1. MLMA Protocol (Multi Level Multi Access Protocol) ??

Hi all,

     Can anyone please tell me what exactly is a MLMA protocol? Where
can I find more information on it and how to implement a simple
version in C/C++ ?? Has it got anything to do with CSMA/CD ?? Any
piece of info on the above will be immensely helpful. Thank you!

Adarsh
--------------------------------------
WIP_IPOAv6 project group
Telecom and Inter-networking solutions
Wipro Technologies
Bangalore
India
--------------------------------------

2. Boca 28.8 NEEDS software to run??

3. Solving your multi-database, multi-client access problems

4. Unimodem/V for TAPI 2.0 on Win NT 4.0

5. How do I setup IAS to authenticate Nortel's multi-level access?

6. autoresize subwindow

7. multi-database and multi-process locking from Perl

8. PowerDVD error in Windows 2000

9. Explanation of multi-level tables used in Deflate method.

10. how is multi-level interrupt supported by VxWorks

11. HOME BUSINESS MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING

12. Multi-level logistic model

13. VIM: Possible to turn off multi-level undo "feature" ?