Error recovery

Post by Cayot Robert-Olivie » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Does anybody know if there exists a newers or more efficients
automatic error recovery methods than the one described in
S. L. Graham and S. P. Rhodes communication "pratictal syntactic
error recovery".

Robert-Olivier Cayot

Student at Ecole Superieure en Sciences Informatiques
Sophia-Antipolis, France

--

Error recovery

Post by Gord Cormac » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> Does anybody know if there exists a newers or more efficients automatic
> error recovery methods than the one described in S. L. Graham and
> S. P. Rhodes communication "pratictal syntactic error recovery".

Graham & Rhodes is a very old paper, but has some interesting ideas
(e.g. 'right condensation') that haven't been followed up much in the LR/LL
context.  There have been a number of recovery methods published, including
a method I presented at SIGPLAN 89 that uses a suffix parser:

  http://plg.uwaterloo.ca:80/~gvcormac/manuscripts/suffix.ps

I should note that suffix parsers have been the subject of two recent
papers (Bates & Lavie, TOPLAS 1994 and Nederhof, JACM 1996).

There is a book by Grune on parsing (1990) that's now out of print that
mentions several error recovery methods.

  author =       "D. Grune and C. J. H. Jacobs",
  title =        "Parsing techniques a practical guide",
  publisher =    "Ellis Horwood Limited",
  address =      "Chichester, England",
  year =         "1990",

Quote:}

There is an on-line bibliography you can search at

   http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/nborisov/getquery.cgi

I looked for "error recovery" in title and got pages of references.
--
Gordon V. Cormack     CS Dept, University of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1

--

Error recovery

Post by Peter Whillanc » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anybody know if there exists a newers or more efficients
>automatic error recovery methods than the one described in
>S. L. Graham and S. P. Rhodes communication "pratictal syntactic
>error recovery".

   You could have a look at
     http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/~bruce/ErrorRepair.html

Cheers ...
--

1. Error recovery capability

Hi,

  I am studing the robot motion control.
For a robust robot, I think, the "errror recovery capability" is very
important.
But I have only sense of the basic idea, don't know how the key technology
is.
Does there anyone tell me any reference for the research?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

2. general game AI question

3. Error recovery on JPEG?

4. NFS Aborts With SYS3175

5. Error Recovery and Fault Tolerance

6. Sun Sparc Memory Pricelist 30 June

7. Winrunner Error Recovery Problem

8. bind 8.2.2-p5 ns_req errors with connection refused.

9. error recovery in yacc

10. Error recovery and LR(1)/LALR(1)

11. yacc/bison error recovery

12. Error Recovery help - Please!!