Phantom TNs & traveling workers

Post by GHTROU » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hmmm.  The only think I can think of is to verify the RCO of the Phantom TN
is it the same as the RCO of the set it is "DCFW'd to, and that neither set
has SFA on it.  These are just guesses though.

The other thought is to try change this (look in your CDB):

RDR_DATA
  OPT CFF CFRA PVCA CWRA  <-- toggle between CFF&CFO to see if that works

--
Reply to Newsgroup http://www.ameritech.net/users/ghtrout/1.html
~

Quote:>I'm setting up a "hotel" group of offices for traveling workers.  We will

Post by Phil Ruffi » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

[...]

As a matter of fact, I do have SFA set on the phone in the "hotel".  If I
change it to SFD, my call never gets to Meridian Mail at all.
I called my vendor for help.
Thanks, anyway.
Phil

Quote:> Hmmm.  The only think I can think of is to verify the RCO of the Phantom
TN
> is it the same as the RCO of the set it is "DCFW'd to, and that neither
set
> has SFA on it.  These are just guesses though.

> The other thought is to try change this (look in your CDB):

> RDR_DATA
>   OPT CFF CFRA PVCA CWRA  <-- toggle between CFF&CFO to see if that works

Phantom TNs & traveling workers

Post by GHTROU » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have an idea...make the FDN of the Phanton the MerMail DN

Vendor schmendor.

--

Reply to Newsgroup...or find email here:
http://www.ameritech.net/users/ghtrout/1.html
~

Quote:>As a matter of fact, I do have SFA set on the phone in the "hotel".  If I

Post by Peter Cherr » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm setting up a "hotel" group of offices for traveling workers.  We will
>be using phantom TNs and remote call forward to send calls to a cellular
>phone, "hotel" phone, or other phone.
>I still have to reload the PBX before I can use the remote call forward
>feature properly, but in testing the phantom TN concept, I have a problem.
>My phantom TN is x8540, with DCFW 8464.  Extension 8464 hunts and FDNs to
>8264 for Meridian Mail.  If I call 8464 (the "hotel" phone), the call rings
>4 times on the phone, then goes to Meridian Mail.  But if I call 8540 (my
>phantom number), the call rings _8_ times on x8464 (the "hotel" phone),
>THEN goes to Meridian Mail.

Is the Phantom TN forwarded properly (i.e. have you used the Remote Call
Forward parameter OK)?  It sounds like it could be forwarding on no
answer to x8464 (4 rings), then from x8464 to Meridian Mail on no answer
again (another 4 rings), this would give a total of 8 rings.

To get a better idea, try tracing the TN as it is ringing this may point
to whether I might be right or whether Gene's right.

Quote:>I'm on software 21.35+ on an Option 61 (not C).

--
Peter Cherry

Phantom TNs & traveling workers

Post by GHTROU » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How FDN works:  FDN instructions are always acquired from the "originally
dialed number", which in this case was the Phantom.  Since the originally
dialed number had no FDN or was a different FDN, the first instructions the
called received was to perform SFA (that instruction came from the
Phantom)...then after that, the instructions came the set that the Phantom
was DCFW'd to.

--

Post by Phil Ruffi » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I should have waited for you.  FDN was exactly what it needed.
But why?  A Phantom TN can't FDN--it just call forwards.
It works, but I don't understand it.  How can an FDN control what happens
after Call Forward All Calls to another phone?

In the process of trying to find another way to do this, I discovered
Set-Based Administration.  It does lots of magic!  Unfortunately, it
doesn't activate call forwarding.  It will reprogram the number, but it
can't activate it.  Still, SBA can show me what number is programmed, allow
me to change it, and even let me program the Name associated with a number.
 Pretty nifty!

Thanks for all the head scratching.
Phil

> I have an idea...make the FDN of the Phanton the MerMail DN

> Vendor schmendor.

> --

> Reply to Newsgroup...or find email here:
> http://www.ameritech.net/users/ghtrout/1.html
> ~

> >As a matter of fact, I do have SFA set on the phone in the "hotel".  If
> >change it to SFD, my call never gets to Meridian Mail at all.
> >I called my vendor for help.

1. Phantom TNs

Question about phantom TNs on a Meridian 1:

My understanding is that they can be monitored and controlled through
the TAPI SPI (via Meridian Link, not direct connect).  I've also heard
that you can't buy an AST license for a phantom TN, which would
effectively make it unmonitorable with CTI.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Appreciated,

Rob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How many SS7 SCPs are there in the US?

3. MPC107 and AGP?

4. Arbitrator Orders AT&T to Reinstate Workers

5. Professor in Constraint Solving -- NICTA Australia

6. Miracle worker at AT&T Broadband Atlanta

7. Prevent sub domain from seeing root Domain

8. 14.4 Fax/Modems & Travel

9. AT&T Universal Card; Travel Calling

10. TeleTravel: AT&T New Travel Feature

11. No data thruput ("phantom connection") & AOL 5.0

12. Cisco ACS/Oracle 8i/Solaris8 (TNS Service Name)