Delay Between Greeting and Menu Choices prompt

Delay Between Greeting and Menu Choices prompt

Post by Chuck Hoffman » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know what would cause a 5 second delay between my
greeting prompt and my menu choices prompt on Meridian Mail
announcements?

Delay Between Greeting and Menu Choices prompt

Post by Telecom42 » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

This is normal.  Under Greeting you record an entire greeting including menu
options and under Menu Choices you can (if you choose) record just the menu
options.  When someone selects to have the menu repeated and both greetings are
recorded, the Menu Choices prompt is played.  The delay is because you haven't
selected a menu option so its repeating the menu.

1. Customized menus/greetings

I'm new to the call centre environment, and lately I've spent a lot of
time changing the prompts on our menus.  There has to be a better way!

Here's what I want to do.

We broadcast satelite tv in Canada.  If there is rainfade, or technical
difficulties, or upgrades happening at night that knock out sevrvice they
want to have announcements for them.  And in some cases, they want those
announcements to precede the regular menus so that everyone hears them.
I want to give the Call Centre Manager the ability to change the menus and
greetings on the fly as well so they stop paging me.

How would YOU do this?

We have RANS, Meridian Mail menus and announcements, CCR, and Max at work
with.

I'm thinking of using a dummy queue to direct the calls to specific Mail
menus.  The Call Centre Manager can use MAX to change the config on this
queue and direct the calls to where he wants on the fly.  Is this viaable
or is there a better way?

--

2. Slow Down?

3. Prompt for user input in 25xx menu ????

4. Minimizing a dos window

5. Menu carriage return and prompt on 2511

6. arguments in a textfiels

7. SBC Delays Prompt DSL Suspension

8. HELP! WE NEED EAN13/EAN8 FONT FOR EXCEL OR ACCESS

9. Bell Atlantic DSL: delays, delays delays ... wtf?

10. Netware 4.11 menu system (sabre menu I think)

11. A Choice, and Then a Choice

12. Iraqis Greeting Americans with Kisses & Handshakes? -----{[++]}-------- opogni