LD 2: Option 11c v2111 release 24 issue 24 +

LD 2: Option 11c v2111 release 24 issue 24 +

Post by ricksn.. » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

*newbie*

I wanted to know if someone can point me to information on how to run a
traffic analysis.  We had our vendor run one for us and they charge
quite a hefty price for it.  I have the documentation for LD 2 but it's
pretty cryptic as far as I'm concerned.

What I want to recreate is what our vendor sent to us.  The analysis
included:

Trunk Traffic
Processor Load
System Traffic

I know that the PBX will store the info for a certain amount of time
and then I need to dial in to retrieve the info.  I'm totally lost as
to how to do any of this; but I'm willing to learn.  :)

Currently we have a Call Accounting NT box set up with a serial link to
the PBX and an SEB modem.  We don't have any kind of network connection
though (I'm not considering the serial connection as a network
connection).

Thanks in advance!

-Rick T.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

LD 2: Option 11c v2111 release 24 issue 24 +

Post by GHTRO » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> *newbie*

> I wanted to know if someone can point me to information on how to run a
> traffic analysis.  We had our vendor run one for us and they charge
> quite a hefty price for it.  I have the documentation for LD 2 but it's
> pretty cryptic as far as I'm concerned.

Start here for one economical flavor:

http://www.pbxsoft.com/

Another method is to simply identify the businest hour of the day and
set traffic up in LD2 to run during that period.  Remember, you only need
to know how busy the switch is during its busiest period.

LD 2: Option 11c v2111 release 24 issue 24 +

Post by Clay Green » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Rick,
Several things must be done to cause the M1 to output traffic.
1.    LD 17 - a serial port must be set up for traffic output - see the ADAN
prompt and you must set the USER = TRF
2.    LD 2   - Define a schedule for customer type reports with the SSHC
command and do the same for System reports - SSHS command
3.    LD 2 -   Define the reports that you wish to see with the SOPS (system
reports) and SOPC (Customer Reports)
4.    Either connect a printer or PC to the TRF serial port on the M1 or
dial into the serial port if a modem is attached and wait for the reports or
if you are interested in the last hours data you can use the INVC or INVS
(invoke commands) to force the last hours data to print again.
I am working off of memory so I may be omitting something but check the LD 2
docs for all the details on each command.
Hope that helps get you started.
Clay Greene
PictureWindow Software