Modular MK2 I-421+BRI+DDI's+data calls?

Post by Dave » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Morning (just)

 We have a customer who has an BT Meridian 0+32 running I-421 through
 a Primary rate card and running two routers on a BRI card set to loop
 extensions. The problem he has is, when trying to route a data call
 (incoming) to a BRI extension using DDI's he gets number un-
 obtainable but if he routes the call to a normal key phone and sets
 the keyphone on permanent forward to a BRI extension the call gets
 through ok. So basically the BRI extension will pick up what it see's
 as an internal call but it won't pick up an external call. Does this
 sound like a Meridian problem or a router config' problem?

 cheers

 Dave

Modular MK2 I-421+BRI+DDI's+data calls?

Post by David Inchliff » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Morning (just)

>  We have a customer who has an BT Meridian 0+32 running I-421 through
>  a Primary rate card and running two routers on a BRI card set to loop
>  extensions. The problem he has is, when trying to route a data call
>  (incoming) to a BRI extension using DDI's he gets number un-
>  obtainable but if he routes the call to a normal key phone and sets
>  the keyphone on permanent forward to a BRI extension the call gets
>  through ok. So basically the BRI extension will pick up what it see's
>  as an internal call but it won't pick up an external call. Does this
>  sound like a Meridian problem or a router config' problem?

>  cheers

>  Dave

The answer to this question was, the DIA tables weren't filled in. Cheers to
everyone that rushed to answer this query. I'll stick to uk.telecom in the
future.

dave

1. Supply Telephone Voice Modular Adapters,Telephone Modular Couplers,Modular Duplex Jack,Triplex Adapters,Telephone extension Cord

Supply Telephone Voice Modular Adapters,Telephone Modular
Couplers,Modular Duplex Jack,Triplex Adapters,Telephone extension Cord

We are a Professional Manufacturer in China mainly provide telephone
Accessories,such as Supply Telephone Voice Modular Adapters,Telephone
Modular Couplers,Modular Duplex Jack,Triplex Adapters,Extension Cord.

See More Details at the Link:
http://www.cheerwe-telecom.com
http://indonetwork.info/cheerwetelecom

Tel:+86-135-86539769

2. mbx and simultaneous access

3. problems with ITT Data Modem DCB 19200 MK2

4. Question: Do all Terminal Server users share same lpt ?

5. DDI length question - How long is a piece of DDI string?

6. FS: Osborne-1

7. NT 4.0 NW Client Services v4.0 + HP JetAdmin is not working

8. exam 9e0-421 IP Telephony Troubleshooting

9. q.421 on 3620

10. Q.421

11. Connection to BT I.421 service

12. MercuryS drops connection with "421 service not available"